History of the Pavilion Cats
Back in the mid 1980’s Lyn & Doreen purchased Haywards Heath College's unwanted cricket pavilion for £1000. It was dismantled and re-erected at Gaybrook Cattery, where we then boarded our cats, to give sanctuary to our old and unhomeable cats until the end of their days.
On 30th May 2006 we moved all our cats to their new home at our purpose built rescue centre which includes a new, specially designed, "Pavilion".
Like the old one it is completely furnished for their comfort. Their sitting room leads out to a covered secure patio area with garden chairs where they can sit and watch the world go by and enjoy the fresh air.
Many cats have enjoyed a happy, peaceful and often long "retirement" with Paws & Claws.
Right: Moving in day - the residents enjoy the first day in their new home.